INTERVIEW : 2004-11-03 (by ComfortComes)



Where are you from?

Akron. Ohio

Can you tell us a bit about how you met Peter Gabriel and how you got
signed?


He called me out of the blue
Someone gave him a tape I made which I guess he liked

How do you write songs? Any special techniques
I let inspiration lead
I never force myself to work
I let the work come
Its all very natural

Can you tell us a bit about how the “Our Shadows Will Remain” album was
recorded?


In stages
First in New Orleans
Then New York City
A very long and involved process
With sense of discovering something giving me energy

Your new single”Devil’s Broom” is quite something. How did this one come
about?


I remember writing it on the couch
I called a friend just after
And sang it to him over the phone
He liked it a lot and so I thought I might be onto something

Who does the artwork for all your releases?
The artwork is my own
With design help and the critical eye of Zachary Larner Like any good producer he gives me a lot of confidence to pursue my ideas

You’re renowned for painting huge canvases as part of your performance.
Where did the idea to paint on stage come from?


I thought of it in my loft
Where I always paint
It was almost time to go back on the road
But the painter in me wasn’t ready to let go
So I took the painting with me

What would be your greatest fear?


Hurting someone I love

What does the future hold for yourself?

Only God knows


Comments

Popular Posts